Ride across Japan will be starting at Kanazawa, Ishikawa, then heading to the Cape Soya, the north end of Japan. Participants are required to challenge this with Randonneurs spirits, i.e. all self support.
Season will be end of Winter at the north end of Japan. Good south winds are expected to accelerate towards to Hokkaido. You may see Kita-Apls from around Toyama prefecture. Once you reach to the north end of Honshu island, please use ferry or Shinkansen-train to across Tsugaru Strait. Please head to north towards Cape Soya. Hope you will catch up cherry blossoms before you get to the goal.
Go from Kanazawa, Ishikawa through Toyama, Niigata, Yamagata, Akita, Aomori and Hokkido island prefectures.
Use ferry ship or Shinkansen-train from Honshu to Hokkaido (from Aomori to Hakodate).
Ferry or train will not be included distance but require time. Time will not be suspended during ferry or train.
Safety is obviously first priority. Please be safe during this ride.
All accommodation must be arranged by the rider.
No overnight control are provided by the organizer.
No drop bag services by the organizer.
- Start Place: Kanazawa, Ishikawa prefecture, Japan
- Start Date & Time: May 5 Thursday, 2020 7am
- Goal Place: Cape Soya, Hokkaido, Japan
- Distance: 1350km
- Time: 112.5 hours
- Goal Closing Date & Time: 2020 May 9 Saturday 11.30pm
- Fees: 13,000 JPY
- Goal Check: Evidence papers sent by post and photos sent by e-mail. Post must done in Japan within 3 days after goal.
- Participants must have these homologation(s)
1. 300km or more BRM homologation(s) on 2020. (Submit your homologation here)
Route and these information may be changed according to the circumstances without advance notification(s).
- PC List: PC list first version will be released on December 2019.
Entry information for overseas residents
- Entry Start Date & Time: 2019 Dec 13 Fri 9pm
- Entry Closing Date & Time: 2019 Dec 26 Thu 12pm
- Declarations: Waiver must be signed at start means to understand and agree with these conditions. Waiver here.
- Participants must understand follow related rules and prepare required equipment.
– Must be 20 years or older at the start date.
– Must ride with self support, own responsibilities.
– Must understand and capable to follow BRM/AJ rules in Japan.
Please refer to http://www.audax-japan.org/brevet/brm/brm-part-regulation/
Please refer to http://www.randonneursmondiaux.org/49-Regulations.html
– Must be covered by personal liabilities insurance for equivalent of 100 millions JPY or more in Japan during this brevet.
Please refer to http://www.audax-japan.org/brm/insurance/
- Participants will be required to submit these information at entry:
1. Photocopy of Insurance Policy or confirmation letter which will confirm insurance.
- There are limited number of participants slots. These slots will be allocated basically first-in first-served basis. Entry request will be inspected and checked by Organizer before entry confirmed. Confirmation message will be sent back to participants. Missing information will cancel the entry.
- Entry Fee
- Delayed payment may cancel the entry.
- Entry Fee payment will to be conducted after organizers entry confirmation.
- Please submit your related documents to the address of Contact Point below.
Submit for Entry for overseas riders
- Entry Page for 2020 RM overseas riders
- Please note if you are Japan residents, you must submit your entry request via Randonneurs Tokyo entry system. (Sorry but Randonneurs Tokyo entry system provides Japanese only)
Mandatory equipment for this Brevets
- Must follow BRM rules.
- Randonuuers Tokyo local rules are applied.
- Please consider these items
Items Local Rules mandatory item Other Recommendations Front Lights 2 lights must be fixed with frame towards front. No flashing. Spare lights. Spare batteries. Tail Lights 2 red lights must fixed with frame solidly towards back. No flashing when light is on. Reflect Vest No belt are allowed, vest only. Must wear not only night time but also day time. Please be visible for both front and back. Bell Must be equipped Helmet Must wear helmet. And helmet tail light must be equipped. Cue Sheets, Brevet card Please store into water proofed case. Do not wet Brevet card. Damaged brevet card may lose hommologation. Pens Write time and signature brevet card.
- Bike must be compliance with Japanese laws and rules.
Points riders must consider
- Insurance: Insurance must be prepared by the participants.
- Pre-check for whole course in just few weeks ahead of the even by the organizer is NOT realistic, therefore not conducted. If a rider face suspended route, riders will be required to cope with the re-route or divert with rational and/or reasonable considerations.
- This brevet may be canceled or postponed under certain conditions such as weather or other force majeure events before or after the start. For example, it may snow at the beginning of May in Hokkaido. Cancelling policy above will be applied for such a circumstances. Cancel or postponed announcement will be notified on Randonnuers Tokyo homepage and/or via e-mail to the participants.
- Support: No support will be provided by the organizer. All are covered by yourself.
- Support among participants are allowed during this brevet. However, support with non-participants are not allowed. Ride with non-participants will be regarded as support and cause disqualifications.
- Support by non-participants are allowed at PC.
- DNF: If you abandon this brevet, please send e-mail to the organizer. e-mail address are showed on Brevet Card.
Submit for Hommologation after goal
- During ride
- Obtain receipt at Glossary shops (Convenience store).
- Take photo at photo control point. Please take Brevet Card with specified landmark within on photo.
- After goal
- Fill-in time of each PC. Also fill-in total time on the back page of Brevet Card, sign your signature on back page.
- Post related documents enclosed with documents below by May 12 Tuesday 2020 in Japan domestic. Postal stamp until May 12 will be valid for hommologation. Please use envelope which are distributed at the start.
- Brevet Card: PC time, Fill-in total time. your sign.
Check sign for PC will be done by the organizer.
- Evidences: Receipts for PCs including goal PC:Please sort by date-time. Send e-mail with photos to the address of Contact Point below by May 12 Tuesday 2020.
- Photo check PC.
- Brevet Card: PC time, Fill-in total time. your sign.
You must arrange all your accommodations during whole route.
Accommodation at start place may be prepared by the organizer. for residents outside Japan. Rooms are very limited and will be served first-in first-served basis.
- Use e-mail. Please see here.